Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Animal facts-Quetzals

In this blog I will be discussing one of the most beautiful birds in the world - Quetzals.

Quetzals live in northern parts of Central America. They are mostly found in Guatemala. Quetzals are birds and are an omnivore. Quetzals are 15-16 in. long and can weigh up to 8 oz. Quetzals are also threatened. They are considered the most beautiful bird in the entire world by a lot of people. They eat fruit, insects, lizards and other small animals. Their colors come in many colors like: blue, green, red and yellow. These birds were sacred to the Aztecs and the Mayans. They are usually found in tall trees. The females can lay up to 204 eggs per batch. This bird is also the national bird of Guatemala.

I found this picture I found this picture on imgur.com.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful bird. I like birds. Birds-of-prey especially, but colorful tropical birds come in second. Like the Green-naped Rainbow Lorikeet, the Golden Pheasant, and Birds of Paradise. The Red-Tailed Hawk is still my favorite of birds, though. You see them everywhere. They're always around Costco (as are snowy owls and cougars, apparently; the Costco my dad works at has had visits from both).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved Cardinals but this just might be my favorite of all birds. It is awesome. Thanks for all the Info. Enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete